It was founded with the name Maria Anunciada sugarcane factory, between 1913 and 1914 by Egídio Camelo Pessoa da Silva, in the municipality of Quipapá.
It is situated in the north of the municipality of Aliança, at an altitude of 68 metres, on the left bank of the Siriji River.
It had, in 1929, nine fields and innumerable suppliers. It had a capacity to process 400 tonnes of sugarcane and produce 3,000 litres of ethanol in 22 hours, a 60km-long railway, five locomotives and 125 wagons with a capacity of 3 tonnes.
Located in the municipality of Escada, it was founded in 1877 under the name of Mameluco sugarcane factory, by Lieutenant-Colonel Antônio Marques de Holanda Cavalcanti. It was previously a plantation, also called Mameluco.
It was previously a sugarcane plantation owned by Antônio Vicente da Costa Azevedo and Manuela Thereza Correia Azevedo.